Well, Rambling Leaf is off the needles... again. After I got over my temper earlier this week about it not working out, I spent a day frogging, and then another part of a day rolling the yarn ends into balls before I started knitting again. This time, I'm fairly confident that it will fit. I severely altered the yoke pattern - p3tog every other row at the beginning for 2 more rows than the pattern said before going into the short rows, which were also fewer than the pattern. But by virtue of that miraculous thing called "trying it on" I think I have made a workable pattern, which I probably can't recreate. That's ok. I won't be knitting this pattern again.
I still have to do the neckband (which I think I'm going to pick up a few more stitches than the pattern called for. It seemed a little bit strained last time) and the button bands. But that will be finished tonight, and then it will be smelling like a wet sheep for another couple of days before I can wear it.
Pictures to come when I actually put it on.