Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day

Or M'aidez! Because, dudes, it's hailing.

But the Ballet Camisole is done! This pic makes it look really pretty.


Pattern: Ballet Camisole by Alexandra Virgiel

Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Coral

Needles: US 6

Modifications: Used only the larger needles (not smaller for the ribbing) because I didn't have the correct size.

I'm not sold entirely on this pattern. It's on the verge of being too big. I washed a swatch in the hopes that it would shrink a little. It didn't. In any case, the fit is not horrible, just not perfect. So I'm washing it today instead of blocking it, and I hope everything falls into place.

Incidentally, does anyone know how to make blogger not skip a line when you press enter? Because the whole pattern notes thing all spread out is getting on my nerves.

And let me apologize in advance for the crappiness of this next pic. See comments above about hail. This is my newest project: Thermal from Knitty Winter 2006. Yes, I know that sweater weather is (mostly) over, but I don't care. I don't have much else lined up (except finishing Ms. Marigold, which is taking a really long time) and this yarn and the pattern have been in the queue since this winter. The yarn is Knit Picks Gloss in Woodland Sage. It's a fingering weight yarn and US3 needles, so it's not like it's going to be a real quick knit, but that's fine with me. I'm really enjoying the process of this sweater. With the others that I've made since starting this blog, I've felt really pressured to finish, because I needed something to keep me warm or I needed the distraction. Now, since I don't need wool to keep me warm, it's all about the process, and I couldn't be happier. It's a very stretchy fabric, so it should fit wonderfully.

In other news, I'm going to be radio silent for the next week or so. I'm headed on a family vacation to Santa Fe, and I'm so excited. I've never been to the southwest. I'm looking forward to experiencing a totally different landscape and everything that goes with it.

No comments: