Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New ball of yarn, new pooling pattern. Well, that's my first pair of Socktoberfest socks done, anyway. I think they're pretty ugly, so I'm not thinking they're going to get a lot of use. The pattern is Flutter-bys, which I would recommend, in Knit Picks Essential Multi, which I would not. I've got 2 balls in a different colorway that I was going to use for Anastasia but I decided that with my recent history of knitting disappointments, I wasn't going to take any chances on new techniques with iffy yarn.

Instead, I cast on for Child's French Sock (in Citron Pattern and Diaper Knitting) from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Nancy is reliable, and the yarn is just a plain light green the name of which I have currently forgotten. It's a wonderful pattern and the subtitle makes me laugh. Neither "Citron Pattern" nor "Diaper Knitting" are every explained, which just makes it funnier to me. The pattern has obviously been sized for an adult, and the very moderate lace panels with the textured stitch should make a very cozy sock. I'm cruising along on them, and since this picture was taken, I've made it to the heel flap. I'm shortening them a bit, as I generally do, because I want them to sit nicely below my calf so they don't scrunch up or fall down.
I'm considering using my last skein of Bearfoot for Anastasia, but I think this pair will be my last for Socktoberfest. All this sock knitting has renewed my desire for my $1.50, so I'm ready to finish the sleeves!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Darn you pooling!