Sunday, November 23, 2008


Pattern: Anais from Norah Gaugan vol. 1
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca in #6273 Irwyn Green
Needles: US 3 and 4
Modifications: Knit in the round and added significant length to the pattern. To space the length out more naturally, I added an extra row between the waist shaping and knit for an 1 1/2" between the waist decreases and increases.

I am loving this knit. It was a rough start there.... I nearly finished it once when I realized that it was way too big. So I started the next smallest size, which, as it turns out, is not too small. Even though I added lots of length to my knit, like lots of alpaca yarns, it stretched in blocking. Mine measures roughly 23" long, and if it were an inch longer still, I wouldn't mind. As noted by many on Ravelry, sewing in the insert and sleeve caps was not fun and games, but not horrible either. I used a whip stitch, and just eased them in with stitch markers before sewing up. The one thing that would have been handy would have been some kind of schematic for where you're to sew them in. The front insert fit perfectly from shoulder to shoulder, so I sewed it in that way, but it makes for a bit of a tight squeeze to get it on. Same with the sleeves. I started them roughly an inch from the initial bind off, but the armholes are a bit tightish.
All in all, I'm very excited to have my first wearable knit of the season done!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Oh I have loved this pattern for a long time! Yours is absolutely lovely.