Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chalet Socks

Pattern: Chalet Socks by Nancy Bush from Folk Socks
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport in Butterfly Blue
Needles: US 0

Pretty socks in the pretty sun.... I am working to acknowledge the sunlight and enjoy it while it's around. Stick my head up every now and then. Today I went for a run outside and felt at least 50% more myself afterwards.

Anyway, about the socks. It's a good thing that the sunlight is so flattering to these socks since they don't, well, match. I mean, they match.... ish. I had a lot of trouble reading the chart, especially in the center panel. It's not very well written, and the changes aren't very intuitive. I decided that I didn't care enough to rip back. That said, they're still very pretty and absolutely wearable. Those twisted stitches really do pop and the color is wonderful for when you're wishing and hoping and thinking and praying for spring but then you get four inches of snow like we did this past week.

Find a patch of sunlight and let it soak into your soul.

No comments: