Monday, February 1, 2010

Pink

Things have been extra crazy busy around here lately.... every single last bit of my brain capacity is in use currently. Slowly, slowly I'm checking things off my list, freeing up room to do other things. Sleep is optional at the moment. I just don't have the brain space to do it properly. I'm really behind on my routine phone calls, which makes me feel bad but that's the way it is. I didn't even manage to call my brother until yesterday, and he just adopted a dog last weekend. My "furry nephew's" name is Hank, and apparently he's quite the sweetie, right up until you try to leave. He just doesn't understand that your boss does not hold the same views on dogs in the workplace that you do and tends to bolt out the door in protest.

Anyway, I have some crafty type things to show you, but that will have to wait for another day too. A sewing project is hanging in the closet and Demi will be finished by the end of the week. The light is terrible when I have time to take pictures these days, but the past three days have been so supremely sunny. It's been like a gift after day upon day of twilight gray.

I treated myself to these hot pink astrolmeria this weekend, and I'm so glad I did. I am always tickled to have flowers around my place, but sometimes the extra few dollars on your grocery bill seems like too much, even when it isn't, you know? I should buy myself flowers more often. I smile everytime I walk past.

No comments: