Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ohai!

My mom had a birthday. I knit her a shawl.

Pattern: Clothilde by Kristen Hanley Cardozo
Yarn: Cascade Heritage in hot pink (I don't have the ball band at the moment.)
Needles: US 5
Size: Large. Finished dimensions are approximately 60x25"

Remember when I was complaining about the lack of color around the stores? Well, this was my antidote. It is an incredibly saturated pink. It was quick and fun and perfectly wonderful. I kind of wish that I had done one more repeat of the gull lace before the spearhead edging, but yardage was somewhat in question. Cascade Heritage has good yardage, the price was right, and it was nice to work with. It's a lighter fingering weight, and I would definitely use it again.

Mom loved it. It should be very wearable in many circumstances from casual to moderately dressy and in all seasons. I kind of wish I had one myself.....

No comments: