Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Toad

This morning was clear and cool, in contrast to the cloying humidity of the past week. I thought it was a good morning for breakfast on the balcony. While I was out of town, the folding chair which I had collapsed and moved out of the sun had fallen over. I righted it and moved to brush the leaves and debris out of the seat when I saw this little guy perched on the edge of the chair. How he managed to get three stories up is completely beyond me, but he changed my plans quickly.
I had breakfast inside, but worried about my toad friend. The sun was about to hit the balcony full force, and with the tree right outside my window, there was more than a passing chance that some bird would find him to be a tasty snack before he got fried in the sunlight. I finished breakfast and got out a spare Ball jar. It took a little coaxing, but I got him inside and out onto the grass.

Free at last! I don't think he was properly grateful, but in his defense, I did inspect him rather closely for concealed wings.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Wow you are a reptile saint. I would have probably just screamed. Toads have always given me the willies.