Monday, February 26, 2007

Whoops

Um, yeah. So I mistook the pattern for Butterfly, which was mentioned in the last post. Instead of Classic Elite Wool Bam Boo, I need Classic Elite Bam Boo, and let me tell you, it's not easy to find. So off went the lovely Wool Bam Boo back to Webs (it's way too expensive to keep in the stash without a plan for it). I managed to locate some Bam Boo at Let's Knit (http://www.letsknit.com (gonna going to have to remember how to use html sometime soon)) so it should be coming this week. In the mean time, I'm still knitting in green.

Knit Picks Shamrock in Dougherty left over from my brother's and dad's Christmas socks. I ordered once again based on a suggestions in the Knit Picks catalog, which resulted in them saying I was going to need twice as much yarn as I actually was going to need. I've got about 5 3/4 skeins left, so I'm making the same socks, slightly modified for a girl, that I made for the guys. The pattern is "Woodsman's Thick Socks" from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Around. I used US8 for the boys, and I'm hoping that a simple switch to US6 will sufficiently size down the circumfrence for me.


In other news, Rambling... Leaf is off the needles for good. Finished it during the Oscars, and now it's blocking (and smelling like a wet sheep). The inital try-on showed promise, but the yoke was all messed up from hanging off the needles. I'm hoping that blocking will even out all the lumps. The buttons (which I once again forgot to take a picture of) are really cool. They're a kind of mottled brown-green and khaki with leaves stamped on them. The leaves are very sketchy and look almost like fossils, so they're not cutesy.

The weather here is nasty, so I'm looking forward to finally wearing this in a few days!

No comments: