Friday, March 16, 2007

Plans

Butterfly is coming along nicely, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be short on yarn. Each of those front sections in the pic took 3 balls, leaving exactly 5 left for the bottom and all the crocheted edgings. Even shortening the two fronts by 2 1/2 inches and the bottom by 1, it's going to be close. The bottom part that you see is about 1 1/2 balls, just to give you some indication of the amount of yarn flying through my fingers.

The fit should still be ok. I "tried on" the fronts, and I probably would have shortened the bottom anyway. We'll see in a couple more days if my gamble paid off.



I got a shipment last week of yarn fromKnit Picks , and also of patterns from kpixie.

All of the patterns are by Zephyr Style. They have serious style, those girls. The yellow is for "Ms. Marigold," which is next on my list after I finish Butterfly.
Rusted Root and Glee I'm going to save for fall. Gabriella is doing Glee right now. The coral yarn is for Ballet Camisole, and the teal is for Thermal, which I'm also going to leave for the fall.

No comments: