Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Socktoberfest!

Woohoo! I'm so excited about Socktoberfest! It's my first event/KAL ever! I always seem to be too late to join in any swaps or KALs.

And here's my first Socktoberfest sock done just minutes before this picture was taken:
They're Flutter-bys in some Knit Picks Essential Multi I got on clearance. The colorway is Peacock.
Unfortunately, the pattern is a bit obscured by the colors. I didn' know that this was a self-striping yarn, or I would have chosen something else for this pattern. Actually, maybe it's not self-striping, just massively pool-y. Anyway, I'm going to finish off the other sock and then choose something else for Anastasia, which is next on my list of Socktoberfest socks. My first socks from the toe up! Originally, I had planned to use this same yarn in a different colorway (also bought on clearance) but I think that the spiraly pool-y nature of the yarn would not be good for the spiral eyelets.
You can really see the pooling on the bottom. Anyway, they're not pretty enough to gift, so I'll just have to wear them around the house.
Also, you really really really need to see this. I have a need to go make some ramen now...

No comments: