Sunday, November 4, 2007

Quiet

It's been pretty quiet around the blog lately. I've been working incredibly hard and doing a lot of thinking. Dangerous thing, thinking. Last week was horrible, and I didn't feel like touching anything that I might possibly break, which includes the blog. It was just one of those weeks where even though you're keeping a good attitude, things just keep blowing up in your face, and there's nothing you can do about it. This week has been better.

I've been knitting though. Here's the sleeves for $1.50, 2/3 of the way done. It's kind of a slog to knit these both together. Now that I've finished the increases, the stitch total is more than for the back, but I thought doing them both together was a good idea for two reasons. One, no second sleeve syndrome. Two, increases and decreases in the lace pattern are hard to keep track of, so if I do them together and have to make stuff up, at least both sleeves are the same.


That other little curl at the top is the beginnings of a swatch for my Aran Accent vest, which is up next after $1.50, if some socks don't sneak in there first. I'm trying to do some swatch magic to make the vest fit better. I want something between the Medium and Large sizes (39 and 44 1/2). Preferrably something around 40" or 41". Also, the total length of the vest is supposed to be 24 or 24 1/2 inches. I'd prefer something a little bit shorter, but in order to preserve the cable pattern, I'm hoping to do this with the swatch.

I've been coveting Kara's Gretel. I've got a couple of skeins left over from Arwen which might be perfect. But then I've been doing a lot of thinking about designing my own sweaters lately. Maybe something along the lines of brainylady's BOB cardigan or maybe just a Elizabeth Zimmermann special. Also, I saw a pair of gloves on the bus the other day that are just bouncing around in my head, dying to become mittens or fingerless mitts, but first I've got to get my hands on a stitch dictionary...

Like I said. Lots of thinking.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I hope this week goes better for you.

You should totally knit gretel...it would look so fab on you!