Thursday, January 8, 2009

Looking Back

The year in review.... I'm not really sure what to say about the past year. It's been up, down, and sideways. Crazy exciting and crazy painful. I've grown a huge amount, and I think I'm really starting to understand myself better.

As far as knitting goes, I put together a little collage of some of the year's more successful knits. My favorite sweater is Anais, by far. And the yellow one in the bottom corner? Well, it never fit very well, so I've made plans to rip it out and use the yarn for a cardigan of my own design sometime this winter.

I've made some New Year's resolutions this year, which I think I will reveal as the time comes. I'm not a big fan of setting out a list of things on January 1st just because that's what you're supposed to do, but I've definitely been thinking about what I want to improve in my life. After reading this post, I've decided to choose one word on which to focus my energy for the coming year. I chose WELLNESS. I want to create a sense of wellness and balance in my life. I tend to be very focused on one or two things, which gives me tunnel vision sometimes. This is not always healthy. So as I get caught up in the unfolding events this coming year, I will come back to the word WELLNESS. Is what I'm doing creating a sense of wellness in my life? How can I create wellness on a daily basis?

Where are you directing your energies this year?

No comments: