Friday, May 8, 2009

Thoughts

- Something about the end of the spring semester makes me knit socks each year, and then after the semester is done, all I want to do is read and read and read, preferrably with some fun music on while sitting on my balcony.

- The crab apple tree outside my window, which is my single most favorite thing about this apartment, is full of glorious magenta blooms. I don't care that it makes my allergies act up.

- I'm playing three graduations today, one of which is my own. If that sounds torturous, I'm playing two more tomorrow starting at 8:00 AM.

- I probably wouldn't be walking graduation if I wasn't playing in it. I paid $50 for a new regalia because as a Master's student, you need one with theses silly sleeves that have this piece of fabric that hangs down to your knees and you need a color coded cowl. For music, it's pink on the outside and green and white (school colors) on the inside. Baby pink. I dislike pink, but luckily I'm not a ginger kid like my friend Dan.

- I am ridiculously happy with the photo at the top of this post. I took it this weekend while hiking. It's exactly what I wanted, but I have no idea how I got it.

- My brother is getting married a week from tomorrow. I'm supposed to make a scrapbook page for the secret scrapbook that that maid of honor is putting together. I don't really scrapbook, and what's more I have very few pictures of my brother, his fiancee, or me in any combination. This is probably not a big deal, but it feels like it is.

- I got some sad news this week. What a waste.

- I'm committed to doing the weekend detox from the latest Vegetarian Times. I have a lot of crap I need to get rid of, physically and mentally, and more than that, it sounds like a great opportunity to focus inward and regenerate calm and confidence. Just in time to go stag to my brother's wedding.

- The best thing about the gradutation marathon today is that I bought some brie to make a European Backpacker sandwich - brie and apple on a baguette. Not really healthy, but so good, and if it gets me through the day, well, fat calories well spent.

No comments: