Friday, June 5, 2009

Pudding Night

If you have ever had the good fortune to be in Ithaca on a weekend, and then were able to make it to the Farmer's Market, and had the patience to stand in line at the Macrobiotic stall when they serve tapioca pudding with fruit on top, well, you're one lucky person. I love, love, love their tapioca pudding - thick and chewy and flecked with vanilla bean. I've been wanting to try and replicate their recipe for a while. I can't say that I've made it, but this recipe was an excellent place to start last night. I was drawn to it because it had real vanilla bean in it, and I've been trying a lot of her recipes lately (I also made this one last night). I think the original has some coconut milk in it, though. Next time. It's a little bit time consuming - you've got to stir it constantly - but so, so worth it. Read a book, contemplate life, listen to The Greencards latest CD, whathaveyou. Just make it. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Ooh, can I come over?!