Sunday, October 18, 2009

Central Park in the Woods


Doing a little happy dance - my first sweater of the season!

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie by Heather Lodinsky
Yarn: Classic Elite Skye Tweed in #1288
Needles: US 4 and 6
Mods: Lengthed the body by an inch and a half, shortened the sleeves by an inch.

Overall, I'm pretty excited about this sweater. It's very warm and cozy and perfect for the cold fall days we are having now. I am very glad that it's done though. I did not like knitting with the yarn. It's not springy, and it's very felty, and all in all the experience was not great. The yarn blooms a lot in the wash, which is pretty much the only thing that makes it wearable. It knits up almost like it's still in spinning oil or something, but without the oily feeling. The end fabric is quite dense and pleasingly soft while still having structure. In any case, I'm not sorry it's discontinued. I wouldn't use it again simply because it was very hard on my hands and not fun to work with, though the end fabric is nice.
The one disappointment about this sweater, which fits very well otherwise, is that I wish I had lengthen it even more. In these photos, I have it pulled down quite a bit. I wore it all day yesterday, and found that I was constantly tugging it down. I should have made the body about 3 inches longer in total than the pattern calls for instead of an inch and a half. I'll save those notes for another time, I guess.
On to other projects, and I have a few hangin around that are near completion!


1 comment:

Kara said...

You are darling and so is your CPH!