Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thoughts from a Sunday Afternoon

Here I sit, procrastinating about writing up the pattern for my Double Time Vest. I was thinking that I was going to go to the local coffee house, flirt a bit with the cute guys who work there, get a pumpkin latte, and sit for the afternoon to knock out the math on the pattern. Since I'm not in school anymore, I've completely lost perspective on Sunday afternoon being prime homework and studying time, and there wasn't a table to be found in the place. So I'm back home, giant mug of Earl Grey by my side, thinking about maybe at some point soon-ish getting to the pattern writing. After having had two auditions in two weeks, I've finished auditioning for the forseeable future, and it's kind of like school's out. I have all this extra time. What do I do now?

Danielle and I hiked about 9 miles yesterday, which was great. I get really cranky when I can't get outside, and with it getting so dark in the evenings, I've had to take my run to the treadmill, which is not my favorite thing. I felt so much better after being outside and chatting for a few hours.

I've been thinking about the holidays this year. I'm trying to let go of my need to have every little thing turn into a tradition. Life goes on and changes. Love stays the same, no matter what. I put up my Christmas lights around the living room. I just love Christmas lights. I think that they are a very important part of this time of year. It is just so dark, and the lights make everything cheerful. I feel calm when I see them. I'm also thinking about these little trees. I love that they are not really holiday specific - you could use them for the whole winter if you wanted. They're plain but interesting and in groupings they are just so cute.

I bought this skirt recently after hearing recommendations for it from two different people in a week. It's kind of the winter counterpart to my favorite summer skirt. It's incredibly comfy and easy to wear. It's more money than I would typically spend on a single piece, but I can tell that it's going to be worth it. I may even have to get another closer to spring! I've been so obsessed with skirts lately... my day feels better from the get-go when I'm wearing a skirt.

Stephanie is coming over for dinner tonight. She'll have finished up the opera, and I know she'll need to decompress. We're having these little chilli pepper things from Jamie Oliver for salad/appetizer, Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash, Carmelized Cauliflower, and Stephanie's bringing dessert. I'm excited.

The picture at the top is being reused from a recent posting on M&S. We're taking a little break for the holiday weekend, but we'll be back after that. We're having a great time, and we'd love to have you stop by!

1 comment:

Jenileo said...

Those recipes look really good! not many folks know about recipezaar. I love that website! It has been my go to for years.

Jen