Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snapshot

Let me explain the picture. Today I managed to score a sweet gig subbing for an elementary school librarian. I was pretty excited about it because I'm considering the pros and cons of getting a Masters of Library Science degree, and although being a school librarian is a different certification program, I was looking forward to finding out about what it is that a school librarian does first hand. Not to mention that when I got to the school, it was clear that it was going to be an easy day.

And then one of the 4th grade teachers had to leave suddenly, and I got reassigned to be in her classroom for basically the whole day. I was pretty bummed, and everything got kind of thrown together at the last minute, and oh, did they forget to tell me that the kids were going on a field trip to see a play at the high school? Well, I managed, and I had a good time too. Younger kids seem to like me a lot, which I find kind of funny. I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time. I just try and make sure that everyone has all their body parts at the end of the day, which come to think of it is probably why they like me. Their real teacher needs to accomplish substantially more than that.

Anyway, I'm off for the holiday. I hope that you all have just the kind of holiday that you most need!

No comments: