Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dilemmas

I started swatching last night for Ms. Marigold, and I discovered that I had ordered 5 balls of Knit Picks Elegance, but the pattern said I needed 7.

"What the hell?" I said to myself. "How did I do that?"

I always double check about yarn and sizes and stuff because, since I'm invariably making the fourth or fifth size, following along with the pattern can be a little bit confusing. I know I double checked the amount of yarn I needed to buy.

So, what the hell?

Well, if you take a look at kpixie, you'll notice that for the 40" size, they say 5 balls. The pattern says 7. I ordered the yarn before I had the pattern in my hot little hands, which is how I ended up two balls short. So which is right? What do I do? I have 2 options.

1. Order more yarn, hope they have the same dye lot, wait for it to arrive, and stew a little inside.

2. Play the "am I going to make it" game, and pretend like 5 balls is going to work. Then stew if it doesn't work out and feel smug if it does.

Still undecided....

No comments: