Monday, December 10, 2007

It's that time of year

Yeah, the time of year to curl up with a book full of handwritten notes (only partially decipherable) a study guide and a pile of blank paper (with which to rewrite said notes in a decipherable manner) and ignore all the holiday cheer in favor of passing exams.


Well, at least there are leftover gum drops from the gingerbread decorating party I had on Friday. And leftover gingerbread, come to that. Not to mention another little pair of instant gratification cuties. Want to see them up close? Ok.
Pattern: Jacob's Ladder Miniature Mittens from Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss in...um....Red (burgundy?) and blue/green (woodland sage?)
Needles: US 1
Mods: Just as before. Tied together cast on strings instead of the finger knitted cord.

They make me ridiculous happy. I love the pattern a lot more than I thought I would. It's just so smooth and even and the bit of silk in the yarn gives it a nice sheen. Check out brainylady's Manly Mittens for a quasi full-scale version. I love those mittens too. Now if only I knew a guy who would actually wear them...

Speaking of mittens, guess what my finals week treat to myself is? I'm swatching and casting on for Bird in Hand tonight with the yarn from Taos. That's after I block Aran Accent, because, dudes, the front and back are done!

No comments: