Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I love purple in the springtime....

Pattern: Conwy Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Moutain Twilight
Needles: US 1
Mods: Shortened the length a bit, as I always do. Also, inadvertently invented a new kind of toe decrease, which needed to be cut off one of the socks. They match now.

Love does not describe my feelings for this yarn. Eternal devotion, maybe. It makes a nice thick fabric with US 1 but not too thick and the colors are perfect in my view - nicely varigated but nothing that's going to jump out at you or take over a stitch pattern. Just a bit of depth, that's all.

Incidentally, the other thing on my needles, right now is purple - my mom's Dollar and a Half cardi. I'm making some pretty extensive modifications (already resulting in one major frog session) so here's hoping. It's a bit nerve wracking to 1) be making something for someone other than myself and 2) have that thing be the most heavily modified piece of knitting you've ever made.

My head's full of new inspiration this spring.... I've got a couple ideas floating around up there that I can't wait to get started on!


No comments: