Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I taught a friend to sew today. We made a skirt for her Tinkerbell costume. The Wind Symphony is playing a concert tomorrow. The clarinets are dressing up as characters from Peter Pan.

Not pictured: Stephanie's AWESOME Tiger Lily costume. We did the whole thing by hand, not being in possession of a sewing machine. It's not exactly professional, but it will do!

May I suggest that you add some Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Icing to your Halloween festivities? These (like pretty much all the cupcakes I make) are from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The only changes I made were to double the amount of powdered sugar in the icing to make it spreadable. I left some cupcakes plain because, well, that's all the icing I had, and I didn't expect us to eat them all, and I figured I'd just freeze the leftovers. Oh me of little faith, though I did send four to good homes, there is only one lonely cupcake left for me to eat tomorrow (and to be clear, I only ate one today!). It turns out that they are perfectly delicious without the icing after all!

No comments: