Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mystery Sock

Pattern: Mystery Socks by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport in Mango
Needles: US 1
Mods: Omitted one round on each side of the ribbing in the cuff of the sock. It was starting to look a little long for my leg.

They are so pretty, and they were fun to knit! Of course, you never know what you're going to get with a mystery sock, but I would have picked these if I'd had a choice.

Knitting's going pretty slowly Chez Double G. Well, the knitting isn't going slowly, it's just that the mistakes are coming faster than the progress. I had to rip back almost a whole sweater yesterday. That stung. But I'm trying to remember that a perfect fit is worth it! What's new with you?



1 comment:

Jenileo said...

Love the socks! I was working the mystery stock as well and got stuck when you pick up the stitches for the gusset. I am tempted to rip it and do something different, but I’m also a very determined person. My problem is I have not done socks cuff down in FOREVER and I have used double points in forever. I’m doing magic loop which is what is confusing me. Maybe I’ll pick up some double points just to get past the gusset! Love you blog, thanks for all the pretty and inspiring pictures. 

Jen

http://eclecticallyspeaking.blogspot.com