This is the design I'm working on now. I've been at it for a while. It's a vest, with a low-ish round neckline. The cable panel works up both the front and the back, giving the piece some interest and stretch. The first attempt (in the ubiquitous Buckwheat Ultra Alpaca Light) turned out too small for me, and I gave it to a friend who was thrilled to have it. But I wanted one! So I ordered some more Ultra Alpaca Light in Redwood Mix, which I'm loving. The color is not one hundred percent accurate in this photo, but it's one of those colors that changes a lot depending on the light. I can see this being a wardrobe staple for me this winter - it's definitely work apporpriate (I'm thinking a button down and black pants), but it can be dressed down, too, with jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt.
The second attempt made it to the back shaping when I realized that something catastrophic had occurred in my math and marker placement, and I ripped back to the ribbing on Halloween.
The third attempt is looking good so far.... fingers crossed. It coincides, luckily enough, with the Vestvember movement. I'm upping the ante, and hoping to have the pattern done in enought time to release it for the second half of the month - gotta keep the energy flowing! I've never written up a pattern before, and it's been quite the learning experience. I'm so excited to share it with you!