Thursday, December 3, 2009

Before :: After


Do my fingers look a little white-knuckled around that cookie? I knew when I snatched up this teaching job for today that it was going to be a challenge - 2nd grade, and I've never done a whole day with kids so young. I called home last night to have a mini freak out over it. My dad set my head back on my shoulders and I scooped House at Pooh Corner and a book of Native American myths into my bag and tripped happily along my way.

If I had known that it was this 2nd grade, I would have just stayed home. I survived, but ended up sending two boys to the office for the 2nd half of the day and received concerned looks from just about every teacher I passed in the hall all day. I must have looked a bit shell-shocked. Needless to say, these kids were not going to be sitting still for House at Pooh Corner. I spend the whole day in a cold sweat, trying to keep kids on task.

Upon arriving home, I headed straight for the yoga pants on my Owls sweater. I was popping a couple of ibprofen and stirring honey into my Lady Grey tea when there was a knock on the door.

A package for me! I chose to spend my birthday money severely dessimating my Amazon wishlist, and I'm so glad I did, especially since it came today of all days! (That's right, as of last Friday another year older, another year... wiser....?) Now I have too many awesome stress relievers and I can't decide! Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Kungfu Panda? Smutty romance novel? New music? I'm going to opt against doing them all at once, since I've been subjected to a dull roar all day, and I think my head might explode....

And, oh, tonight is Creative Night, a semi-regular thing I have going with some girls I know. We just get together and, well, I'm sure it's no surprise that we mostly eat and chat more than actually create. I'm hoping to get a good start on the neck for my Plain and Simple Vest. Just 7 inches of ribbing on size 1 needles to go. Good food, good friends, and snuggles from a dog named Odo (you know, from Deep Space Nine. He's a shapeshifter.) The best antidote to a crappy day that I know of. Dudes, I earned my pittance today.

No comments: