Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

We interrupt your frenzied jelly bean consumption to bring you this message (oh, wait, that's my frenzied jelly bean consumption):

Dear Mother Nature/owners of gas guzzlers,
Last Tuesday it was 85 degrees. This week, it has been in the 20s and snowing every day. I woke up to this view only with more snow on this fine Easter morning:
This is not cool. Please do something about it.
Sincerely, Meg

However, some of the flowers my mom got for her birthday are finally in bloom, so I will pretend that this gorgeous tulip is outside in the sunlight instead of sitting on the table in the dining room.

And speaking of mom's birthday, I finished her Trellis just in time. And by finished, I mean I knit like the wind the morning of her birthday, and just managed to get it off the needles and into a bag with hours to spare, unblocked of course. Luckily, lace dries fast (something about all those holes.... ha!) so she has been wearing it constantly for the past couple of days. It looks particularly nice against this pink shirt.

Pattern: Trellis Scarf, IK Spring 06

Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Midnight

Needles: US 4

I will say that this picture really doesn't do the color justice. It just looks black. Actually, it's navy with a bit of blue-green (like the color of my Trellis) running through it.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter, and that it is not snowing where ever you are!

No comments: