Saturday, September 8, 2007

FO: Dashing

I meant to post this a few days ago, but I've been incredibly busy dealing with school. It's good and weird to be back in school, and there are a thousand little things to keep track of. Thank goodness for planners. Plus, I need to eat, so there's cooking and shopping and planning for the cooking and shopping. And then there's laundry. Let's not forget the laundry.

Thursday two people who have had a huge impact on my life died - Madeleine L'Engle and Luciano Pavarotti. I'm no huge fan of Pavarotti, but his impact on music (both classical and pop, the definitions of which are currently being hotly debated in my American Music class) is undeniable. I do not discount what he has done to allow me to pursue my passion. And Madeleine L'Engle is one of my favorite authors of all time. Her books A Small Rain and A Severed Wasp are particular favorites of mine. Her words have been comfort and inspiration to me, and I am unspeakably sad to know that she is no longer on this earth.

On to happier things. Dashing is done!

Dashing by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: 1 ball Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran in #416
Needles: US6 dpns
Modifications: I kind of ran out of yarn, so I had to shorten the length of the fingers. If I had known I was going to run out of yarn, I would have shortened it somewhere other than there - like on the arm part, but even with careful calculation I came up short.
So these join the Gentleman's Shooting Socks in waiting for Christmas morning!

No comments: